Moving from Invention to Production
Steps to Follow
- Document your discovery, invention, or innovation
- Research your Market.
- Develop a Prototype.
- Test or Evaluate your Prototype with Technical Experts.
- File a Patent for your Invention.
- Get the Patent Licensed to an Entrepreneur or Company.
- Market your Invention to Investors
- Apply for Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and/or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Funding to Support Development.
Tech Transfer Offices Across the State
New Mexico State University
New Mexico Tech
The OIC enables New Mexico Tech students, faculty, and researchers to work on real market-driven commercialization projects from the ground up to enable successful commercialization.
The Center for Collaboration and Commercialization (C3) is designed to strengthen partnerships, technology transfer, and ties to the community, and offers services to boost Sandia’s interaction with industry, academia, and government.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
The Feynman Center drives Los Alamos innovation by accelerating connections between research, corporate, and entrepreneurial communities, and building partnerships and mechanisms that deliver their technology to solve our nation’s biggest challenges.